Thursday, March 15, 2012

Where Am I!?

I thought I lived in Michigan, deep in the frozen North. I mean, we're only a few hours from Canada on more than one side. Spring breaks are spent building snowmen, watching hockey, and drinking hot chocolate, right?

Or not...

Jack FINALLY got to wear the "underalls" (isn't that the cutest mis-speak?) he found in the depths of the closet last month:He also got to work on the barn, which was apparently in sore need of repair. Who knew?
We got hours worth of straight-up Vitamin D:

The bikes and tractors and tricycles and T-ball stands and squirt guns were all hauled out after months of dormancy:

The only one who didn't like it was this guy, who still has his winter coat:

And these little dollies budded and bloomed in less than 48 hours:

Do you see this?? Bare legs on March 14!
We topped out at 80 yesterday. The kids slept like rocks last night after so many hours of fun in the sun (in fact, we all have sunburn on our noses to prove it). Meals outside, listening to all the birds singing and noticing every little bud and bloom that's appeared...it's just marvelous.

"This is my Father's world
And to my listening ears
All nature sings and round me rings
The music of the spheres..."

No comments:

Post a Comment