941. A sunny last week before school
942. A spontaneous day at the zoo that was wonderful fun
943. A principle I just "got" over the weekend - one of those moments when you feel your mind and soul grow, even just an inch - and it's humbling and so encouraging to know once again that God is there and He is working.
944. Jack's soft heart. He may be bombastic, loud, and incredibly unfocused, but he has such a soft spot that he burst into tears tonight for Blue when Blue got reprimanded for snatching food off the table. Jack, though tears: "Next time, Mom, will you just say it nicely and say 'Blue, please do not eat the food from the table'?"
945. Adele being excited for kindergarten. I'm sure this was on my list another time in the past few weeks, but I'm really thankful that she isn't feeling timid about it or I'd be a mess. It's hard enough.
946. The first wide-open Saturday we've had in months. It was great to do whatever we wanted.
947. The days Dan gets home earlier than expected
948. Piles of clean laundry. I love doing laundry. There's something therapeutic about it for me.
949. The series "Foyle's War," enjoyed in the evenings
950. Updating baby books
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
931. The incredible weather during the past few days
932. Camping in the middle of a forest and hearing the river splashing during the night
934. The classic summer tradition of s'mores around the firepit
(Please note the different eating styles between girl and boy)
935. A yard full of these tiny friends
936. Breezy days at the beach with cousins
937. How awestruck Jack was watching Dan play football - and now he loves to try it himself (lots of unfortunate tackles happening in the house...)
938. A free backyard swingset! Very sweet of our friends to pass it on now that their kids are older.
939. Bike rides. I don't think anyone is ever too old to enjoy a bike.
940. Finding an old CD with great, great music on it - Rich Mullins, Bebo Norman, Patty Griffin...it's been awhile.