Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm Baaack!

I like having a blog for storing my favorite quotes, brain dumping, counting my blessings, and more. And failure is not an option! Now that I have some time on my hands again, I'm back in the saddle on my way to 1,000 things I'm thankful for....


961. The peace of January snow. December snow is exciting; January snow is peaceful (as long as you have nowhere to go, that is).
962. The drive I need to deep-clean my house, bit by bit. It comes every January - and I love it! I wrote about it here, too. Which brings me to...
963. The opportunity to write monthly for MomColored Glasses. I despise my own writing (downside of editing for a living for several years?) but it's so good for me to do. 
964. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of Dan's travel.
965. The anticipation of an upcoming vacation
966. How sorting through my books reveals how I've grown in life. Books that meant so much to me a few years ago are now not as meaningful. It's a signal that I've moved on/learned/grown/changed.
967. Adele reading on her own! I can't believe how much joy this brings me, her, Dan...even Jack!
968. This post. I worked a tiny bit for Dr. Grier in college, and then again years later. He was a brilliant, saintly, sweet man of God.
969. Knowing of polite, kind children of all ages. This sounds weird, but sometimes I think we easily excuse young children from basic skills of interacting with people of all ages. Lately I've been reminded that I don't need to!
970. A new back door. We needed it so badly and it's finally done! Hooray for the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment